Grace's Reviews > Malice

Malice by Chris Wooding

Apr 09, 13

bookshelves: graphic-novels-etc, books-i-want-to-own, best-beloved-books, fantasy-or-syfy, to-read
Read in December, 2009, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Original review subject to change:

I pretty much always have something to complain about in every book - but with Chris Wooding, it's normally something small. And it is: one page he spoke a little badly of God ('gods/god'). That was my only problem. Other then that....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!! I NEED 'HAVOC'!!!!! I NEED THE NEXT BOOK!!

I don't know how Wooding comes up with these amazing worlds, but they always leave me inspired, questioning and starry eyed after. The whole concept of these books... I mean, for all I know I could've been in Malice and forgotten!!! Plus, comic book and normal book in one? That was GREAT.

And the ending? Seth remembering (finally)? And Kady and Justin still stuck in Malice for a month or so before the cat (Anderson, didn't Miss Benjamin call him?) made him go into Kady's room? And the ending, where Tall Jake gives a note to the readers (me)? It would be SO cool to be in the next one... well, maybe not in Malice, but...

GAH. I'll say it again as I say about so many amazing, five star books. IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO LEAVE READERS HANGING LIKE THAT.

*fumes*

Anyway, regardless of certain evil authors (*cough*ChrisWooding*cough*) leaving me hanging, five stars of course!

His writing is always five stars. :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malice.

12/14/2009 page 54
14.25% ""BUT...EVERY...PAGE...WAS...BLANK..." AAAAAAHHHH!!! THIS BOOK IS SO FREAKY! OMWORD, OMWORD, OMWORD! SCAAARRRRYYY!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!!" 2 comments
12/18/2009 page 144
37.99% "Malice is SO awesome. The world is intense and creepy. Especially the Chitters. I <3 this bk! Awesomeness from Wooding as normal!" 2 comments
12/23/2009 page 160
42.22% "THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT CAT. Especially 'Miss Benjamin' screaming about some 'queen' while chasing it...."