Jesse Booth's Reviews > No Going Back

No Going Back by Jonathan Langford

Jan 28, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Read from January 19 to 27, 2010

This book does a great job of depicting a real life situation that many young men in the LDS church have to deal with. I was given this book by my mother-in-law because Paul (the Mormon dealing with same-gender attraction) has a best friend named Chad (a straight LDS member) who reminded her of me. My best friend since 3rd grade has dealed with the same struggles as Paul.

After getting halfway through the book, I was thinking this was a 3 star book. Upon completion, I feel like it deserves 4 stars. I may be biased because I could relate to the story so well, but what really impressed me was the way Langford portrayed Chad's dad, the bishop of the ward. I can only imagine how hard it would be to manage a family, work full time, and be the bishop over a ward. I have a hard enough time balancing life as it is.

I loved reading how the different characters developed. Everyone made mistakes, but in each case, they learned from those mistakes and they were better for them. That is a great lesson for everyone on the earth. Perfection is impossible in this life. But what we learn from mistakes make us who we are and who we will become.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Going Back.

01/26/2010 page 204