Kellie's Reviews > A Lonely Resurrection

May 07, 10

liked it
bookshelves: 2010-reads, john-rain-series, mystery-thrillers
Read from April 30 to May 07, 2010

#2 of the Rain series- I am definitely on the fence on this one. First, the good things…Eisler is a master at describing fight scenes so that it’s almost like watching it on a TV screen. He walks thru moves like a color commentator. I enjoy reading about Japan, it’s culture, the language. You would think the author is a native. He is American. What bothers me is what happens with a lot of authors who write series. They don’t give recaps about the history of the series. This is frustrating for those of us who read the previous books long ago and can’t remember what they are about and for those of us who are jumping into the middle. There should be a rule. If you are going to write a series, give us a recap of what has happened before. Eisler’s plot in this book was a bit complicated to follow. I enjoyed the story and I like the main character, I just thought there were parts of the plot that were a bit far fetched. I don’t think I’m going to give up on the series just yet. I like this character and this is the only set of books I have read about Japan.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lonely Resurrection.