Shelley's Reviews > Everything I Needed to Know about Being a Girl I Learned from Judy Blume

Everything I Needed to Know about Being a Girl I Learned from... by Jennifer O'Connell

Dec 13, 09

bookshelves: misc
Read in December, 2009

Nope, I learned nothing from Judy Blume. (Well, possibly coping skills from Sally J Freedman, but I suspect that she just reinforced my existing ones.) But wow, a lot of women really did. Some of these essays were very interesting, others a real stretch. But really, my favorite Blume books were about Fudge, Peter and Sheila, and those weren't covered at all.

Originally: This looks like fun, even though I don't think I learned anything about being a girl from Judy Blume. I never even read Forever, which seems to be THE Blume. But I did love Sally J Freedman, so maybe I learned a little after all. We'll see.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything I Needed to Know about Being a Girl I Learned from Judy Blume.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan I'm one of those women, but for me, it was MARGARET. I think I should probably read this book!

Shelley You should! There are some nice essays on Margaret. (I remember reading that book, but I wonder if I did so too young? Very little made an impact on me.)

message 3: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Yeah, I was definitely The Right Age for that one -- about 4th or 5th grade, I think, and one who was... ahem... developing earlier than most of my friends. I've added this one to my To Be Read pile (and it is a giant pile, sigh).