Dapantalone's Reviews > Lunch Money

Dec 03, 09

Read in December, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Lunch Money
Andrew Clements

Lunch Money is by the same author as Frindle. And as that book was wonderful, this one was in my opinion, even better.

Greg Kenton is a twelve-year old middle school student who has always been interested in money. When annoying neighbor, Maura Shaw, begins to develop the same interest as Greg, that had started a rivalry.

* * *

When Greg wanted to make some extra change, he decided to start a comic book company, called Chunky Comics. Greg decides to sell them at his school, and when Maura sees what he is doing, she decides to create her own comic book company, An Eentsy, Beentsy Book.

* * *

I thought that this book was an amazing fiction book and a very good comedy for children ages 7-11. It always kept me at the edge of my chair, and the pages literally turned themselves. Andrew Clements is an amazing writer, and that really shows in Lunch Money, Frindle, The Report Card, and all of his other books. I would rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars. It was an excellent adventure story, and is good for people who love excitement and adventure.

-Delaney Pantalone

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lunch Money.