Mitchel Broussard's Reviews > Disney in Shadow

Disney in Shadow by Ridley Pearson

Apr 15, 10

bookshelves: fantasy, series, ya-fiction
Read from April 10 to 15, 2010 — I own a copy

Probably the best of the series so far and a super quick read, despite its 500+ pages. The only thing i really didn't like was the conversation structure. It seemed when Mr. Pearson wanted to make a point he constructed a conversation to repeatedly state this point, and some lasted for almost 5 pages. It got a little annoying at times. I know the kids need to get to Epcot before midnight or their human selves will delve into comas, no need repeating it 7 times.

But otherwise, its the same great premise: teens who had themselves digitized into holographic forms as Disney Park guides find that when they fall asleep they wake up as said holograms in the Parks. And they aren't alone, all the Disney characters come to life when everyone is gone, too (think Toy Story. ) It still is a little foggy as to who knows about all the characters coming to life. I think some Disney workers know, but I'm not sure.

Overall, this one was really good at presenting a mystery and series of clues and, for the most part, answering and solving it all. There are still a few hanging plot threads, and i know its a planned six series of books, so I have confidence that they'll be addressed soon.

It really is a true improvement over the first sequel, Disney at Dawn , (which left me unsatisfied and more than a bit dissapointed.) My question is, how big is Mr. Pearson ready to make the books? He added nearly 250 pages with this one, any bigger and his targeted audience is gonna bolt. But i am completely fine with it, the writing and constant action make it a super quick read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Disney in Shadow.

04/10/2010 page 10
1.83% "i forgot how awesome the basis of these books are. needless to say i hope this one's length is justified. in being better than pt 2 at least"
04/14/2010 page 402
73.49% "the protagonists can gripe & groan all they want about being in danger, i would still risk it for a secret ride on Test Track at midnight :)"
show 4 hidden updates…