Colleen's Reviews > If Looks Could Chill

If Looks Could Chill by Nina Bruhns

Mar 22, 10

bookshelves: own-book, romantic-suspense, bodyguards-military-themed, 2010
Read from March 21 to 22, 2010

I'm really getting into this series. I enjoyed book 1, but book 2 was simply amazing. There are a lot of characters to keep up with and a lot of them were first introduced in the first book, so you do need to read them in order.

This one is about Marc Lafayette (who we met in book 1) who works for a non-governmental special ops unit named STORM. Terrorists are believed to be in the State of Louisiana (his home state) brewing up some nasty bio-chemical warfare with the forced help of Dr. Gina Capozzi (who was kidnapped in book 1). Marc is on the team looking for these terrorists (and Gina) when he runs into LA State Trooper Tara Reeves. His assignment - babysit Tara to keep her from finding out what's really going on.

Obviously, things heat up, but not just between Marc & Tara, but there are other secondary characters involved as well. There is Bobby Lee and Darcy (also STORM ops), Kick and Rainie (from book 1) are in this one as well, FBI agents Rebel Haywood and Wade Montana have larger roles as well as Alex Zane (from book 1 too). The story lines are twisted around all the different characters, but the author does a fantastic job of keeping facts straight and the story lines are easy to follow. I never felt cheated when Marc & Tara's storyline dropped off and another character's began - the author did a great job of making me fall interested in ALL of the characters & their stories.

I cannot WAIT for the next book in the series to come out. I so want to know what happens with Gina, Rebel, Wade and Alex (and a few other characters too).
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If Looks Could Chill.

message 1: by Rossy (new) - added it

Rossy Fantastic review, Colleen! Makes me want to get right on this series, but i have so many before that i need to finish first. ^.^

Shawna Great review, Colleen! I love this series and I'm so excited that A Kiss to Kill comes out next month! :)

message 3: by Colleen (last edited Mar 24, 2010 05:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Colleen Thanks ladies!

Rossy - I completely understand! I'm getting ready to start the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and there are a ton for me to read.

Shawna - I know, two more weeks!! I marked it on my calendar (how sad is that?!?). I'm so glad I waited a bit to start this series so I don't have to wait that long for a Kiss to Kill to come out. I'm really dying to know what happens!

message 4: by Shawna (last edited Mar 23, 2010 04:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna OMG Colleen - I've had A Kiss to Kill on my calendar since last July when I read Shoot to Thrill 'cause I'm so anxious to find out what happens between Gina and van Halen! So you aren't alone there!