Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides's Reviews > The Starry Rift: Tales of New Tomorrows

The Starry Rift by Jonathan Strahan

Dec 03, 09

bookshelves: anthologies-and-collections, children-ya, science-fiction
Recommended to Snail in Danger (Sid) by: found on the shelf while looking for something else
Read in December, 2009

This is a cool concept. I couldn't really get into about half of the stories, including some of the ones by authors whose work I'd enjoyed before. The ones I enjoyed:

"Ass-Hat Magic Spider" by Scott Westerfeld (even though it was slightly twee); "The Surfer" by Kelly Link; "Anda's Game" by Cory Doctorow (despite being a bit message-heavy, it was an interesting take on video game war); "The Star Surgeon's Apprentice" by Alistair Reynolds (cool to read that he has a bunch of Word files on his hard drive that are titles waiting for stories); and "Pinocchio" by Walter Jon Williams (possibly the most interesting take on celebrity as virus that that I've encountered; for more on this, see 2033: The Future of Misbehavior).

"Orange" by Neil Gaiman was merely okay. The others I can be assumed to have made an effort to read but not been intrigued by, or been put off by.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Starry Rift.