Brenda's Reviews > The Sister Pact

The Sister Pact by Cami Checketts

Dec 03, 09

Read in December, 2009

This was a cute romance/suspense novel. I thought it was actually a great story, but had a few problems with the writing of characters. The family relations were great- couldn't have been a closer family, but the heroine was just so unbelievably full of herself. For someone who had been chubby in the past, she was obsessed with bodies and looks. (ie "he wasn't the eye candy she usually went out with, but he was worth a second look") Seriously, how could she be so shallow about looks still? My other problem was sentences like, "she reached up and touched his bulging pectoral muscle",and she loved "the feel of his musculature under her fingertips". Real people feel his tight chest or his firm body. It's hard to relate to someone who is so out there. Also, Noah was by far the greatest character in the story, yet he had no life. For him being fabulously handsome, buff, an ex college football player, someone who helps the elderly,...tell me why women weren't lined up at his door. He had no phone call, canceled date, woman dropping off cookies, no pursuit or interest at all. It made me wonder what was wrong with him?!? I think its an excellent book and enjoyed both the action and the romance, but think with a little better editing, it would be fabulous.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sister Pact.