UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva's Reviews > The Lion's Lady

The Lion's Lady by Julie Garwood

May 26, 11

bookshelves: author-julie-garwood, historical, historical-romance, historical-romance-series, own-have-read, romance-historical, reviewed-by-me, 5-stars
Recommended for: Anyone who loves historical romance.
Read in December, 2009, read count: 1... so far

First off I need to say, I loved the prologue. It was so well written and touching that it left me feeling that Black Eagle and Merry were well deserving of their own story.

Christina is one of the funniest of Garwood's characters I've read and Lyon the most determined. Together they are a one of my favorite couples in the Crown Spies series.

One of the best exchanges between Lyon and Christina takes place at their wedding reception. Here is a snippet:

Lyon shook his head. "I can't take much more of this crowd. Let's leave. I want to be alone with you."

"Now?"

"Now," he announced. To show her he'd meant exactly what he said, he took hold of her hand and started pulling her out the front doorway.

Aunt Harriet cut them off at the bottom step.

Christina had the good grace to look contrite. Lyon looked exasperated.

Aunt Harriet didn't budge from her posistion. She reminded Lyon of a centurion, for her hands were settled on her hips, her bosom was heaving forward like a solid plate of armor.

A smile suddenly softened her rigid stance. "I've put Christina's satchel inside your carriage, Lyon. You've lasted a good hour longer than I imagined you would."

Aunt Harriet wrapped Christina in a suffocatingly affectionate hug, then released her.

"Be gentle this night," she instructed Lyon.

"I shall."

It was Christina who gave the promise. Both Lyon and his aunt looked at her. "She means me, Christina," Lyon said dryly.

I'm not going to go on and on, singing the praises of the hero and heroine. Suffice it to say that this one is being added to my "Must re-read" shelf.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lion's Lady.

Quotes UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Liked

Julie Garwood
“Lyon knew she wasn't aware she was being watched, either. She wouldn't have eaten the leaf otherwise, or reached for another.

“Sir, which one is Princess Christina?” Andrew asked Lyon, just as Rhone started in choking on his laughter. Rhone has obviously been watching Christina, too.

“Sir?”

“The blond-headed one,” Lyon muttered, shaking his head. He watched in growing disbelief as Christina daintily popped another leaf into her mouth.

“Which blond-headed one?” Andrew persisted.

“The one eating the shrubs.”
Julie Garwood, The Lion's Lady

12/20/2009 page 26
7.22% "Loved the prologue on this one!"
12/20/2009 page 26
7.22% "Great prologue, but chapter 1 was a tad sad. *sigh*" 2 comments
12/21/2009 page 26
7.22% ""Christina takes everything you say in it's literal sense, Rhone. It's a trait guaranteed to make you daft. Believe me, I know."" 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cheryl Loved that passage in the book that you wrote in your review! I just loved this book!!

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Cheryl wrote: "Loved that passage in the book that you wrote in your review! I just loved this book!!"

I laughed and laughed. And I still laugh when I think of it. I can just totally imagine this petite little thing saying she'd be gentle. ROFL

Cheryl Yes I am cracking up laughing thinking about it too!

Michelle OH I thought that part was so hilarious! I laughed so much while reading this book that my hubby kept looking at me and laughing at me...

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva It really was a great read.

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* LOL! Great quote. I haven't read this one yet. There are quite a few Garwood historicals I have yet to read. I'll have to keep this in mind when I'm after a historical with lots of humour. Thanks, Dhes!

Cheryl Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* wrote: "LOL! Great quote. I haven't read this one yet. There are quite a few Garwood historicals I have yet to read. I'll have to keep this in mind when I'm after a historical with lots of humour. Thanks, ..."

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Cheryl wrote: "Jayne, this one is great!! And it is filled with humor! I just loved Christina and Lyon!"

Thanks for the endorsement, Cheryl! I do own this one. So many books to read... Sometimes it's so hard to choose! LOL

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Oh, Lady Jayne, this one is really unique in the Native American influence. It's a sweet, funny story.

Cheryl I understand Jayne... I have the same problem! But there are times in life that just call for a Julie Garwood book and this one's a good one to read in those times! :)

MelissaB The Secret and Honor's Splendour are some of my biggest comfort reads, when something is going crazy in my life I have pulled those out to escape someplace wonderful for awhile.

Great review UM, I need to reread this one. It's not a fav but still a good story.

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva Thank you, Melissa!

MelissaB wrote: "The Secret and Honor's Splendour "

Yes, and toss in The Prize and you have my Julie Garwood Trifecta!

Melanie♥ This is still one of my fave JG's. I re-read it regularly!

UniquelyMoi ~ The 1-click Diva I've enjoyed just about every historical by Garwood that I've read. She has such witty dialogue and great heroes!