Sarah Sammis's Reviews > Good Morning, Gorillas

Good Morning, Gorillas by Mary Pope Osborne

Aug 18, 10

bookshelves: borrowed, read-in-2009
Read in December, 2009

In Good Morning, Gorillas by Mary Pope Osborne, Jack and Annie meet Jane Goodall and learn about sign language. It's one of the last books my son and I read together before moving onto longer and more complicated books.

They are sent into the jungle by the tree house to find a new way of communicating as one of Morgan's four-part spells. They quickly meet up with a group of gorillas. Their interaction with the creatures bring to the forefront a plot point that has been developing over the course of the series: Annie's ability to speak with animals. It's the first time though that her talent is overtly discussed.

Although some of the interactions with the gorillas seemed hokey to Sean and me, we both liked the introduction of Dame Jane Goodall. I have one of her books on my to be read pile which I showed to Sean. After finishing the book we took a little extra time learning about her work and about different famous gorillas who have learned sign language.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Morning, Gorillas.