Lauren's Reviews > A Great and Terrible Beauty

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Feb 26, 15

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy, victorian
Read in January, 2010

I was first intrigued by the cover of the book and then when I started reading it the plot is what really kept me going. I made it through the book, however, I thought it was lacking in parts and the story kind of drug on, especially in the first part.

The characters were not overly interesting and I disliked most of them. Pippa and Ann complained a great deal making them just annoying and hard to deal with; I would not want to be their friends. Gemma was the most genuine out of all of them.

Overall it was not a bad story and did do a lot of credit to the strengths and independence of women.

Also on http://lrjohnson13.blogspot.com/2012/...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Great and Terrible Beauty.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jess Wow, I'm definitely curious about the three star rating. I think we pretty much mixed our ratings. I gave Twilight three stars, and 4.5 stars to A Great and Terrible Beauty!! I'll I'm definitely interested to read both of the feelings behind the stars.

Lauren Jess wrote: "Wow, I'm definitely curious about the three star rating. I think we pretty much mixed our ratings. I gave Twilight three stars, and 4.5 stars to A Great and Terrible Beauty!! I'll I'm definitely in..."

Lol, thanks! I'll try and get them finished up as soon as I can.

Jess Great. I'm looking forward to it :)
Oh, by the way, Tuck Everlasting...Whoa, whoa, whoa. I adore it. I read it when I was twelve, and again when I was twenty. It has stuck, and always will stick around forever. Definitely tugs at the heartstrings.

Marci Diviners is much better!!! This series dragged for me. I couldn't even pick up last book I was so done!