Jeanette "Astute Crabbist"'s Reviews > Hamlet

Hamlet by William Shakespeare

Dec 16, 09

bookshelves: all-fiction, classics, plays, five-star-fiction
Read in December, 2009

Final body count = 8

Got the hots for your sister-in-law? Wanna be king? Just bump off your brother and marry his wife! Then your nephew will be your stepson, but you will call him "cousin." Very soon, you and everyone around you will be dead, and some Norwegian dude will plop his dimply butt in your throne.

26 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hamlet.

12/10/2009 page 189
55.26% "Current body count = 1 "How now, a rat? Dead for a ducat, dead."" 2 comments
12/13/2009 page 239
69.88% "Current body count = 2 "One woe doth tread upon another's heel, So fast they follow.""

message 1: by Julie (last edited Dec 18, 2009 10:16AM) (new)

Julie Who needs Cliff Notes? Best damn synopsis of Hamlet, ever! :D

message 2: by Jeanette (last edited Dec 18, 2009 10:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeanette  "Astute Crabbist" Thanks, Julie! Sometimes it's fun to do a lighthearted "review" of a book that really doesn't need reviewing.

(I must add that I have no personal knowledge of whether Norwegians actually have dimply butts or not.)

message 3: by Charisse (new)

Charisse snort!! You are too funny, Jeanette!

Jeanette  "Astute Crabbist" :D :D :D

message 5: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay Cochran Agreed, this play has been reviewed to death. Lovely review I enjoyed it immensely!(:

Jeanette  "Astute Crabbist" Kay wrote: "Agreed, this play has been reviewed to death. Lovely review I enjoyed it immensely!(:"

Thank you, Kay! I think it would make a good book jacket blurb. ;-)