Tamela's Reviews > Knock Out

F_50x66
Dec 02, 09

Read in December, 2009

Eh . . .

Although I like the main plot concept, the sub-plot just seems pointless. I'm wondering if the bank robber angle will somehow end up dovetailing with the child-kidnapping story. In the meantime, it's just annoying.

In my opinion, the author's poorly written and disjointed style is off-putting. At one point I felt like I was trying to watch a scratched-up DVD that kept skipping, leaving out big chunks of the story. I'm particularly disenchanted with the inauthentic and cliched dialogue and find it highly distracting.

I've read Catherine Coulter in the past and don't remember her style being so sloppy. Makes me wonder if a) she's using a ghost writer or b) she's now too famous for editors to actually edit her work (something I like to call the "Patricia Cornwell Isle of Dogs Syndrome." I'm still bitter about the hours I wasted reading that travesty.)

If anyone has a Catherine Coulter book they'd like to recommend that will restore my faith in her abilities, please let me know. Otherwise, she's going on my "Don't Bother" list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knock Out.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nate (new)

Nate H. Here, Here... or maybe I should say Hear, Hear... as these are audio books, after all. Couldn't agree with you more, Tamela!

Tamela Thanks for the feedback, Nate. I have to think that listening to this book would have been even more tedious than reading it.