Margot's Reviews > The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

Sep 20, 11

bookshelves: audio-books, 2011, classics, race-relations
Read from September 05 to 18, 2011

This was quite a fun read. I've had the book on my shelf for quite a while and am glad I finally picked it up. With his drunkard father after him for his recent acquired treasure (which he got in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, I guess, Huck Finn takes to the road and finds an unlikely traveling companion in Jim, the runaway slave. While rafting down the river on their way to the free North and Jim's freedom, they encounter swindlers, storms, and slave hunters, leading to many fun and humorous adventures.

Huck's debates over morality and goodness, as it pertains to slavery and his part in helping a runaway slave gain his freedom is certainly one of the most interesting aspects of the book, and perhaps the most highly discussed in literary circles.

I'm a big fan of American literature, and Mark Twain's classic did not disappoint. This adventure is quirky, fun, and (although it got a little long-winded right at the end there, (view spoiler)) on the whole quite satisfying. I will definitely be adding The Adventures of Tom Sawyer to my TBR list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.