Gemma's Reviews > Urgent Message from Mother: Gather the Women, Save the World

Urgent Message from Mother by Jean Shinoda Bolen

Dec 03, 09

Read in December, 2009

"Like an unexpected pregnancy, you may be carrying the seeds of something that will change your life and the world. Take that seed and bring it into a circle of women, nurture it with wisdom, give it energy, prune what needs pruning, let the tap root go down into the energy field of Mother, to draw from and contribute thought and action into the morphic field, and then take it out into the world to blood and bear fruit."

- Jean Shinoda Bolen, p. 163 Urgent Message from Mother

In Chapter 5 of "Urgent Message", Antidote 1: The Visible Power of Women Together, Bolen share stories of specific situations where women working together created powerful solutions to environmental issues, terrorism and date rape. At the conclusion of each story/scenario a summary antidote is provided, highlighting ways women's circles effect change. That chapter alone makes this a must read for any woman interested in helping her family, her community and her planet.

Read the book and share it with another women you know carries a seed inside.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Urgent Message from Mother.

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Marie Sounds good gemma. Wonder if I can find this in chico. Lh

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura Marie Thanx gemma!

message 3: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne Hi Gemma,

I attended a talk by Jean Shinoda Bolen many years ago at the University of Washington. I don't remember the subject of her talk, but it dealt with something about mythology. I found her speech very empowering as if her words and caring had lifted each member of the audience to a higher level of love and understanding.

Gemma Jeanne,
I would love to meet her in person. That's one of the great things about sharing ideas, it moves like a healing virus, an exosmosis and uplifts all of us. Very exciting stuff.

Gemma I just wanted to pass word around about the launch of this incredible new venture that Jean Shinoda Bolen is launching this week, here's the link: womenontheedgeofevolution.com

message 6: by Robin (new)

Robin Goche thanks