FlibBityFLooB's Reviews > Bullet

Bullet by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jul 04, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, made-me-laugh, urban-fantasy-or-paranormal, zzauthor-hamilton-lk
Read from July 03 to 04, 2010

2.5/5 stars. Lots of crazy nookie that really meant nothing. Asher wasn't himself, he was a petulant child who wanted more action with the harem-o-anita. Not that I can really blame him. Richard was not really himself either, but in some ways it was for the better. Anita got so excited during one of the orgies that she checked herself out in the mirror. Ummm... okay. I got quite a few chuckles from the beginning of the book, but I don't think it was supposed to be funny.

I hadn't ever listened to an audiobook Anita before this point. It was interesting to hear the narrator do voices for the characters. It made me laugh to hear Jean-Claude and the frenchies in action. They sounded silly to me. One thing I did like about the audiobook was the overly dramatic music that they would put over the narrator at key points where there was crazy-drama in Anita's world. I liked that :)

There was some hints of the old Anita horror-fest to me in this book, hence why I'm giving this book 2.5 stars and not an outright two. I will likely read another book in the series, but it is really just a train-wreck that I can't tear my eyes away from. I'm a glutton for punishment. I can't help it! :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bullet.

07/03/2010 page 15
4.0% "Going to try listening to the audiobook for this one. Hmmmm... Anita on audio. Should be interesting. We'll see..."
07/04/2010 page 100
28.0% "I'm probably not supposed to have laughed as much as I have reading this book so far. But, how can I not with a petulent Asher, a sex-crazed Richard, and Anita checking herself out in the bathroom mirror?" 3 comments