Cara's Reviews > The Winter Rose

1990291
Dec 15, 09

bookshelves: historical-fiction, i-love-a-good-luv-story
Read in December, 2009

This book in the series was just as addictive as the first! It's a total soap opera like guilty pleasure!! I can't read these books fast enough! It doesn't help that they are 700 pages +. This story is just so hard to break away from that I find myself sneaking off just to read one MORE chapter!!

The first half of this story was amazing! The second half was good, but it was a little lack luster for me compared to the first half.

Again, a lot of far fetched story lines and some cheesy dialogue at times, but a really great book to just lose yourself in.

I liked Sid Malone's character a lot when he was dark & brooding. He lost some of his appeal for me after he left The Firm. Maybe I am just a sucker for bad guys. :-)

I thought the ending was a little anti climatic and Sid's departure and return at the end didn't make much sense to me. Didn't he find out at some point during that year that his name had been cleared and that he could resurface? He never sent a telegram to Fee or tried to get in touch with anybody or read a newspaper?! Come on. I'm interested to read the next book and see what he was doing all year long.

I will definitely read the last in the series when it comes out. I imagine it will focus on Willa & Seamie and their relationship. Neither character is all that interesting to me at this point, but I am positive Donnelly will write a rip roaring good read and that I won't be able to put it down!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Winter Rose.

12/07/2009 page 75
10.61% "I so LOVE this series... :-)"