C.H. Armstrong's Reviews > The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Dec 01, 2009

bookshelves: really-great-reads, generally-recommend
Read in October, 2009

Excellent book. Took a while to get into - maybe 75 pages - but definitely worth the read. I'm looking forward to reading the other 2 in this series.

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam So....you rated all the vampire series with four stars a well a his book. Are you saying they're all equally good stories and equally well written? If there's not a valuation of the stars, they don't mean anything.

C.H. Armstrong My star rating is based almost exclusively on the level of enjoyment I received from the book; not necessarily the craftsmanship of the product.

While one could argue that Larsson's book might be better crafted than one of the vampire novels I've read, I would say that my level of enjoyment for that book was not greater than the Southern Vampire Novels, for instance. Only those books that are truly extraordinary get 5 stars (Mockingbird, Kitchen Boy, etc.). A 5-star book would be one that was not only well-crafted, but was simply unforgettable.