Lisa's Reviews > The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Aug 05, 2010

Read from August 03 to 05, 2010

Somehow I managed to not read this book before now. I'm not sure how since at the time when it (and the series) would have been new, I was a teenager and hung out with the types of people who would truly discuss things like the infinite improbability drive, Star Trek scientific errors and Monty Python. The improbability of it all! Oh well, I am probably better able to appreciate the humor now than I would have back then. Chapters 10 and 23 just make me howl and I love the Babel fish proof of non-existence of God bit. I have the movie version and have watched it repeatedly. Since it is not exactly like the book I really enjoyed reading the afterword that explained how Douglas Adams had come up with most of the major differences in the movie script prior to his death, such as the face-smackers on Vogsphere that inhibit ideas. Must now read on to find out whatever happens to Arthur, Ford, Trillian and Zaphod.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.