Scott's Reviews > JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Vol. 1

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Vol. 1 by Hirohiko Araki

Dec 07, 09

bookshelves: manga, graphic-novels, second-half-of-2009, sf, shonen, very-strange, young-adult-books, older-teens, favorites, fantasy
Read in December, 2009

So I have been pretty down on Manga and Manwha. I just haven't found anything recently that I have loved. Ok, besides some very adult stuff, I have pretty much hated everything I have read Manga-wise, especially Shonen.

But then a kid recommended this, ok, he wasn't a kid, but he used to be, a few years ago anyway. He didn't warn me of all the awesome! Vampires, spirit warriors, and a very strange journey that includes ass-kicking, bugs that eat tongues, and so much more.

Most of what I hate about Manga, the simple artwork and confusing stories, are not to be found here. The panels and story are very clear as to what is going on, even if the story is much more Epic and confusing that most of the other crap I've read. And while the artwork didn't have me stopping to drool over every panel, it was super cool and very effective.

Seriously. Read this. Even if you don't like manga.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Vol. 1.

11/30/2009 page 33
15.07% "I have been trying to get into manga. This one may change my mind. Crazy awesome."
show 2 hidden updates…