Emma's Reviews > Click Here: To Find Out How I Survived Seventh Grade

Click Here by Denise Vega

Jan 14, 2008

Recommended to Emma by: sam got it for me for my birthday
Recommended for: everyone (mostly girls)
Read in March, 2006

Click Here is an excellent book! It is actually my favorite book. The Author did a wonderful job making me laugh and enjoy every part of this story. Click Here proved to me that it was an extremly sucessful novel. I pretty much liked everything in this book. I think that every part of the novel actually worked for me, but I especially enjoyed the parts of the book where the main character,Erin, writes in her computer diary. It is really funny and makes you think. The author uses exellent word choice and details that remind me of what middle school was like. I also liked the books theme, which was surviving seventh grade. It was really realistic how the author descibes how difficult school, or in this case, seventh grade can be. The mood of this story was very uplifting and the author used language that was extremly detailed and humorous, but at the same time, fun to read.
Probably the best part of this novel is the humor that comes from the main character, Erin's life. She is constantly faced with difficult situations that she always tries to fix. The first situation Erin is faced with, is the fact that her and her best friend, Jilly are not going to be on the same track in Middle School. This means that they will have different lunch hours and rarely, if ever, see each other during school. Soon Erin learns to accept school for what it is and finds herself in a giant crush with Mark. Erin absoutly is head over heels for this, "Hot Tamalie" when out of no where, her best friend, Jilly decides to go out with him. Erin is heart broken and feels betrayed, so to let her feelings out she records all her thoughts in a private, online diary. As if things were not going horrible enough...Erin's online journal is accidently broadcast to the entire school. Her feelings went from being private, to being read by every other student at her school. I appreciated how Erin handled everything, but I often felt very bad for her.
This is my favorite book and I have read this book many times, but I really love it! It is so funny and sometimes I felt like I related to the main charactor of this book. If someone is interested in laughing and having a great time while reading, I suggest you read this book.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Click Here.

Taylor I absulutly LOVE this book it is for GIRLS ONLY and for 6th and 7th graders perferably! I love that it tells girls that friends are WAY better than Boyfriends! I recomond this book to all the girls out there that like drama books and stuff like that I definately do!!!

message 2: by Onafuwa (new) - added it

Onafuwa Ayomide I REALLY LOVE READING YOUR BOOKS. IT IS LIKE READING THEM EVERYDA