Lauren's Reviews > Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things

Cradle to Cradle by William McDonough

F 50x66
Nov 29, 09

Read in July, 2009

Well presented and inspiring. I definitely would recommend this book. I couldn't put it down, and finished it in about a day and a half. The book itself talks about remaking the way we make everyday things, to make them truly environmentally friendly, etc, and for once the book itself isn't hypocritical by nature... it actually FEELS different; it's heavier, waterproof, and durable. Content-wise the two authors (an architect and a chemist) give a refreshingly open minded, "out of the box", factually supported argument for the importance of finding ways to improve the quality of life for mankind and the environment at large. They clearly depict the importance of rethinking the way we produce, use, and attempt to "reuse/reduce/recycle" our day-to-day items. They show how everything we do is connected to ecosystems, and present their ideas in a way that really makes the reader think. I walked away from this book eager to discover ways in which I could shift my focus from being "less bad" to helping the cause and adding value to the environment through my actions and lifestyle.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cradle to Cradle.