Nick 's Reviews > The Complete Short Stories of Mark Twain

Oct 19, 2007

it was ok
Recommended for: anybody who loves to read a short 20 minute story
Read in September, 2007

so far the book has had some weird stories but they are all completely understandable. they have had some very interesting stories. in the first story i had read, the title had given me a bit of a hint as to what the story was to be about. it had contained the word cannibal, which had me a little shocked but i had read on knowing that it would be a good story because it was written by mark twain. as the story unfolds i am hinted to the fact that people are being sacrificed i beleive for just on person, the one that runs the town. i beleive this is correct but i'm not positive. the next story i had read had taken place in rome. it had been about an artist who must gather alot of money (not sure on the amount) in six months to marry a famous persons daughter. he hadn't gotten any money until the last day which on that day he had discovered a statue that was a fortune, so in the end he was able to marry the famous persons daughter. i have enjoyed reading this book so far and i hope to enjoy the rest of "The Complete Short Stories of Mark Twain".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Complete Short Stories of Mark Twain.

message 1: by Mrs.Lanoue (new)

Mrs.Lanoue Mark Twain is a talented writer and one of our most famous American writers. I'm glad you are continuing with this one. I look forward to reading your review.

Since you are not finished reading it yet you should move it to your "Currently Reading" shelf. Need help? Just let me know.

Nick just wondering if this counts as my review, just wondering of course