Beck's Reviews > Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay: And Other Things I Had to Learn as a New Mom

Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor

May 04, 10

bookshelves: y_patron_checkout, y_synopsis, contemporary, nonfiction, biography, humor, how_to
Read in April, 2010

This one should be read only in small doses--otherwise, the comic tone will probably just annoy.

I know this is mainly a humor piece, but I actually found some helpful advice here...mainly in its overall message that a) parenting is probably not going to be easy no matter what you do, so b) don't get overwhelmed by the overabundant advice out there, but rather keep relaxed and adapt everything to your experiences as you go.

Probably some people would find her horrifying, but I felt like the words were a combination of very real and purely comedic. Then again, I wanted to watch that Tori and Dean reality show after seeing a preview that showed Tori frantically calling the doctor while pregnant (with questions like, "I think I took a bath that was too hot, could I have boiled the baby?!?") Maybe I just want reassurance that other people are way out of their element when it comes to the whole parenting thing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sippy Cups Are Not for Chardonnay.