Chris's Reviews > The Great Trash Bash

The Great Trash Bash by Loreen Leedy

Nov 29, 2009

Read in November, 2009

A cool little sequential piece for kids that tells the tale of Mayor Hippo of Beaston. It is a straight forward tale that (with the help of fox's, frogs and raccoons) about conservation. It contains simple messages like "why buy something new when we can fix something old?" It is presented in a way that is really joyous in the simple discoveries of how we can not be so wasteful and that polluting just makes no sense, once you go to swim in a pond and read a warning sign: "WARNING! No swimming here. Polluted water. The story is not preachy nor does it talk down to the reader; it is just innocent characters trying to make sense of something wonderful they have harmed and concluding that they can do simple things to fix it.
I have to thank the Good Will store in South Attleboro, MA for making books like this available for .49 cents. That and being able to buy a 100% wool suit, silk tie, cotton shirt and belt for only $19.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Trash Bash.