Jennifer's Reviews > The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope

The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba

Nov 29, 2009

bookshelves: adult-books
Read in January, 2010

The feel-good book of 2009. Charming, inspirational, humorous and heartbreaking. I heart this book. That is all.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind.

message 1: by William (new) - added it

William Hayes You are one of many people who, in their reviews, describe this book as inspiring or inspirational.

For me, inspiration is not only a rich internal experience that we desire and enjoy for its own sake. Much more than that, inspiration is also a spur to our acting in the world in a way that helps bring about a good result.

We both know, in part as a result of having read this book, that people living in rural Malawi without electricity and water can benefit from wind-powered equipment.

I am hoping that, having used the word "inspiring" or "inspirational" in your review of this book, you desire to support the construction and installation of windmills in rural Malawi.

One way you can do that is by contributing financially to The Moving Windmills Project http://movingwindmills.org/, which supports Malawian-run rural economic development and education projects in Malawi, with the goals of community economic independence and self-sustainability; food, water and health security; and educational success.