Kerste's Reviews > Night Play

Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Oct 19, 2007

bookshelves: paranormal, shape-shifters, vampires
Recommended for: shape shifter, SK fans
Read from November 19 to 20, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 2

I do like this book. (more than the last one in the series for sure) Although I don't know that Bride really comes to grip with her Rubenesque figure aside from feeling that it's okay to eat cake at Turkey Day again, even in Vane's company...it still doesn't really address her underlying issues.

This book is fun from a series perspective because it's chock full of characters. Fury and Fang, of course. My fave, Wren, has a couple of cameos (love those). There's a description of Dev with waist lengthy curly blond hair...in all the years I've been reading about the quads, I admit, I never caught that before. Nor that Colt is a bear (huh? I suppose there ultimately are no were-horses, but I guess I always just assumed Colt was a horse, the detail that there are no were-horses in this fantasy series never bothered me. Colt is a weird name for a bear, that bothers me more than thinking Colt is a were-horse in a place where there are no were-horses).

Anyway, so we get Aimee, Nicolette, Remi (and all the bears), SASHA (funny), Stefan, Petra (and it says she was killed, so...um, gotta close that loop for myself), Carson, Jasyn, Marvin (of course, because what's a Wren cameo without Marvin), Ash, Simi, Nick, Otto, Valerius, Kyrian, Amanda, Grace, Tabitha. It's a virtual who's who in here. And there are others as well (Bryani, Markus, Dare, etc)

The end made me want to fast-forward to Fang's story just because waiting so many books for that explanation is a bit difficult. But I'll keep in line and go to Valerius' story.

In all, neither Vane nor Bride are my favorite characters, but I don't dislike them either. Their story moves the series forward in entertaining fashion. Glad I bought it this time around.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Play.