Kerste's Reviews > Seize the Night

Feb 27, 11

bookshelves: vampires, paranormal, collecting-dust
Recommended for: SK/DH fans
Read from February 25 to 27, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

Okay, another review that may be useless to the masses. I have spent a number of years now reading the DH series in a meandering fashion. I own some of them, but most of them I borrowed from the library. My favorite is...not this one, however, in my favorite book, Nick is permanently otherwise occupied. And I could never figure out how that happened or why Acheron felt so guilty about it and for YEARS I have been trying to find that missing link, thinking maybe I missed a book somewhere. To the point where I've been slogging through all the DH related short stories as well, thinking maybe I missed something in one of those (even though I'm really not a fan of short stories, sorry SK).

Turns out, all this time, the missing link is this book. This book I've owned for years. But this book is about Valerius. And everyone hates Valerius. So...I was never drawn to re-read his story cuz, uh, why?

Not really sure. It's no better or worse than any other book in the series (except my favorite, which is, by far, superior to the others IMNSHO, or at least it is for ME anyway).

So I've been re-reading this whole series hoping to find the missing link and now I've found it, so...do I keep reading in order or abandon my quest for all the new challenge territory. My TBR is actually longer than my read list right now, do I really need to be re-reading?

Yeah, I will, since I skipped all the Dream Hunter ones the first time around.

Anyway, I'll leave this as a 4 star read because it was almost like discovering the holy grail when I found the link and it turns out that Valerius is sorta like Zarek in that everyone hates them, but their stories prove that everyone is an ass. Except Ash and Simi, of course.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seize the Night.

02/26/2011 page 205
56.0% "wow, can't believe i never re-read this. I even own it."

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Jane (PS) (new)

Jane (PS) I'm up to Book 4 (Zarek) but having trouble putting it anywhere in my priority list to read!! :)

Kerste Jane (PS) wrote: "I'm up to Book 4 (Zarek) but having trouble putting it anywhere in my priority list to read!! :)"

I really like Zarek's story. The first time I read it, I borrowed it from the library. The story stuck with me and a few years later, I bought it and read it again. Then I read it a 3rd time in this DH re-read. Did you read my review of it? Will give a little glimpse into how weird I am with these books.

My fave stories are Kyrian's, Zarek's and my absolute I've read it more than 15 times story is Wren's. I lovelovelove Wren's story (book 8).

Acheron's story was amazing, too and though I own it in hardback, I will most likely never read it again. It was just entirely too tragic to savor a 2nd time.