Kerste's Reviews > Dance with the Devil

Dance with the Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Nov 15, 10

bookshelves: collecting-dust, vampires, paranormal, shape-shifters
Recommended for: SK, vampire fans
Read in December, 2008, read count: 3

The first and third time I read this book, I really enjoyed it. (Inexplicably, the 2nd time it didn't quite live up to my expectations of it. Yeah, I know, I'm weird).

Zarek is the heart and soul of the hero that I love. Like my fave, Sin, this guy is seriously damaged by everyone around him, sold into slavery, beaten, betrayed...but somehow, underneath it all, instead of feeling his reality is to return hurt for hurt, his code runs more towards understanding that kindness is the better part of valor.

Yes, Zarek, like Sin, is a fortress, he can be verbally biting (actually Zarek actually does bite people), but when he can (when it doesn't expose his inner vulnerability), he is kind and he knows right from wrong and chooses right, even when it looks like it's wrong.

Sasha is funny. Astrid is an interesting character. The very end is a little anti-climactic. I mean, if it's that easy to get ambrosia, why doesn't everyone get turned into a demi-god?

Glad this is in my permanent library so I can re-read it whenever I like (as long as I keep a reign on my expectations - grin).
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dance with the Devil.