Hugh Henry's Reviews > High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton

High Crimes and Misdemeanors by Ann Coulter

M 50x66
Oct 19, 2007

bookshelves: political
Recommended for: Conservatives and liberals willing to face the truth about Bill Clinton
Read in February, 2004

Her most scholarly work, the one that put Ann Coulter on the map, this volume is highly informative and witty, a bit cutting as usual for her. Anyone wishing to understand the historical and legal basis for impeachment need read little else. After detailing what offenses had constituted High Crimes and Misdemeanors, Coulter applies the same standards to President Clinton with devastating efficiency. Clinton's defense amounted to "is" might not mean "is," and "alone" might not mean "alone," but the evidence against him was overwhelming.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read High Crimes and Misdemeanors.

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen I was all for reading this until I read the author's name. She has zero credibility, even if she's reading from the dictionary. Your review almost makes me want to read it anyway.

Hugh Henry Thank you very much for the comment. Have you ever actually read her writing, or just listened to her detractors? Often enough, they denounce her for things she did not say or take her remarks totally out of context or misquote her.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen I have...because I can't make a case against her unless I'm aware of what she's actually said. (I also listen to conservative talk radio occasionally.) I've also watched her, and I can't be bothered to take her seriously. "They" denounce and take remarks out of context all over the place, so I take my political commentary with a healthy dose of skepticism on both sides.

Hugh Henry Well said. I can't add anything to that.