Dorri's Reviews > Shades of Midnight

1916877
Jan 05, 2010

bookshelves: smut
Read in January, 2010

After the murder of her mother and little brother, Alexandra and her father trekked to the farthest place they could think of to start again, the wilds of Alaska. Now a grown woman, Alex is happily working as a pilot to the small collection of villages and family homesteads, delivering supplies as needed. It's on one of these trips that the nightmares of her past rear their ugly heads. She arives at Pop Thomms to find the entire family slaughter, with only a single bare bloody human footprint in the snow.

When the Order see's a video posted on a death-for-thrills website, Lucian sends Kade back to the homeland he fled to investigate this possible rogue attack. Upon arrival he finds himself attracted to the beautiful bush pilot who found the bodies.

From here on out the sparks fly and tiny little secrets of Kades back-story are revealed, along with the truth behind Alex's families deaths.

I find myself enjoying the serialistic nature of Lara Adrian's Breed series. Each time a new one is released, I reach for it before most other books (even in my long queue). I would have to say, if you want a good simple paranormal love story, try these books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Midnight.