Katie's Reviews > Just One Wish

Just One Wish by Janette Rallison

Dec 10, 09

bookshelves: arcs, signed-books
Read in December, 2009

Just One Wish, while I wouldn’t put it on my favorite list, was incredibly cute and entertaining to read. The adventure of Annika trying to get in touch with Steve Raleigh, and the mishaps that follow were so easily laughable.

But while I enjoyed it, I was kind of disappointed at the same time. It was such a short book- I had it finished in one sitting of about an hour & a half’s length. The time span of the story also ranges around two to three days, that’s it; so it wasn’t surprising that we didn’t really get a feel for the story before and after Steve Raleigh entered the picture.

The speed of the story bothered me as well. The rush of the plot was perfectly fine, since it’s what the story called for, but I didn’t like the rush of the characters. Steve and Annika became involved entirely too quickly for my liking.

I think what I was most saddened with was the ending. I didn’t expect that, not at all. With all of the light-heartedness and fluff, it was kind of a heavy blow to heart. It’s realistic, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think it fit with the rest of the story at all.

But aside from the rushed characters and quick plot flow, I really enjoyed it. With the humorous, quirky journey of Annika, I could easily see this becoming a successful DCOM on Disney Channel. This is another one of those books that you save for a rainy day. It’ll definitely put a smile on your face!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One Wish.

12/06/2009 page 32

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ash (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ash Really, I don't think I could've said it any better.