Blake Bowen's Reviews > Meg: A Novel of Deep Terror

Meg by Steve Alten

Nov 28, 2009

Action packed to the very end. Jonas Taylor is an ex-underwater Marine, one day in the Mariana Trench, he sees a giant white object. And he gets scared by the object and ends up killing two men on his way up to the surface. He believes the object he saw was a Meglodon shark, a prehistoric shark that is at least 40 feet long weighing in at 20 tons.

Jonas is then sent away for a couple of years and given mental help. The Tanaka Institute then offers Jonas some redemption, so they ask Jonas if wants to go back down to the Mariana Trench. Jonas says yes to the deal.When Jonas and Terry's brother(Terry is the daughter of the person who owns the Tanaka institute, and I cannot remember her brothers name) go down into the trench, they are greeted by a massive shark that eats Jonas partners sub. The Shark is then hit with an even bigger shark that is female, and the female brings the male to the surface,dead. The Meg then precedes to kill EVERYTHING.

My Opinion:
I love the action in this book. Jonas is also a very cool character. Although Terry could be quite annoying.It's a very good book though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meg.

02/12/2016 marked as: read