Ryan's Reviews > Sabriel

819178
Mar 08, 14

Read from May 19 to 25, 2010

3/2014
This time it was the transitional nature of existence that I noticed. We are constantly moving through experiences, being changed by them, transitioning from one state to another but those states are themselves transitional. Sometimes its easy to accept that nothing stays the same, even exciting. Sometimes it is overwhelming, terrifying and I'm glad that there are books I love to return to, where the words and sentences don't change and provide comfort. Even if the reader has changed.

5/2010
Really, it was read again - this, along with the the other two are part of my regular reading so I read it a few times a year. I enjoy the story, the characters, the magic and ideas - enjoy them every time I read the book.

In Sabriel's world, death is a place we go and quite possibly a wonderful place for those who accept it. The ones who don't are the problem and Sabriel's job as Abhorsen is to keep the dead where they belong - in death. This was what struck me on this read. Usually books that deal with death only deal with those of us who are left behind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sabriel.

03/02 marked as: currently-reading