Kristen's Reviews > Walking on Broken Glass

Walking on Broken Glass by Christa Allan

2055957
Jan 21, 10

Read in December, 2009

When I opened this book to read, “If I had known children break on the inside and the cracks don’t surface until years later, I would have been more careful with my words…” I was instantly captured.

I continued to read, soaking in Christa’s words shared through Leah, stopping to read them aloud to my husband. And then calling my friends to read them aloud again. It was Leah’s journal entries throughout the book that often jarred me out of my comfort zone, calling for my empathy as this character blossomed into more.

It is rare you read a book with a healthy tension of modernity, wit and authenticity. Three ingredients that, for me, make a novel worth reading and revisiting.

In Walking on Broken Glass, Christa Allan weaves a story that not only connects deeply with the reader on an emotional level but on a spiritual level as well.

This is a novel that goes much deeper than your average book. It breaks the mold, pushes some boundaries, sings the song of redemption and begs for a sequel.

Christa Allan is a writer to watch.

If I were you, I’d clear a space on your favorite bookshelf for more of her work. I already have.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walking on Broken Glass.

11/27/2009 page 119
33.81% "Exemplify Team Member, Christa, wrote this book. It is amazing. I'm joyed to get a sneak peek!"