Sophia's Reviews > Life As We Knew It

F 50x66
Dec 18, 09

bookshelves: 2009-2010-reads-for-bcchs-advisory
Read in December, 2009

**A meteor hits the moon closer to earth. Tidal waves, earthquakes, volcanoes erupt, and frost (cold weather) all over the world. People are dying and suffering, sicknesses are spreading, there’s a limited amount of food. Learn how one family struggles to survive through this hardship. This remarkable read is fast-paced, cleverly crafted as a diary, and is written by a relatable sixteen year old.

As an accelerated read, these events begin right from page nineteen. All you have to do is pick up the book and the story plotline immediately starts. I guarantee that you will be in awe throughout the whole book. Teens these days don’t want to read 300 boring pages; they’d drop the book after the second chapter. The book must be a good attention-holder and quick to the point. Life As We Knew It meets the criteria.

The way the author formats this book is as a diary. Creative and crafty, this book is an easy, quick read making it the choice of books for modern teens. As it is a diary, full of voice and personal thoughts, you see the events from a very interesting view.

It is also in the voice of a sixteen year old, someone you could relate to and put yourself in the shoes of. Therefore, as a result of reading this, you will feel like you are a part of the story making it the more captivating.

Life As We Knew It is a book you’ll be reading at the edge of your seat; you won’t be able to put it down until you find out what happens in the end. Will the food last? Will anyone in the family die? Will the world stay forever this way? You won’t be at rest until you read the final chapter. It’s like the first bite of ice cream, and you just can’t get enough of it after or as quoted from the sixteen year old girl, Miranda’s diary, “I ripped open the bag and poured chocolate chips down my throat. I could hardly taste them, I was swallowing them so fast. I must have devoured a third of the bag before I could clam down enough to savor the taste. Chocolate. It tasted just the way I remembered only better. I couldn’t stop eating them.” Until the last cookie in the bag is finished, no one feel fully satisfied.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life As We Knew It.

message 1: by Brit (new)

Brit it was beautifully written good job :D

message 2: by Alina (new)

Alina Vanryzin I love your intro I think do a great job of pulling the reader in. I really like your voice and the way it flows, it's so well crafted. You did an amazing job!

message 3: by Vivian (new)

Vivian i like how the first sentence already pulls the reader into the review and i like the adjectives you've used.

Karen The way you word this review makes it feel as if there is a flow of words, i really like it.