Tahleen's Reviews > Life As We Knew It

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Nov 26, 2009

bookshelves: teen, post-apocalyptic
Read in March, 2010

I've never felt more grateful for my life and what I have than during/after I read this book. It is the diary of a girl named Miranda who lives through a catastrophic natural occurrence--an asteroid hits the moon and knocks it out of its orbit. Pfeffer does a great job with Miranda's voice--I identified with her, despite my not having gone through anything like she does. You hardly ever think about the things we all just take for granted, like gasoline and electricity, heat, even food and water. I felt for Miranda and her family during each of their daily trials, and I actually had to remember to pull myself back into my own world and remember that I was not in their situation. I felt incredibly blessed.

I'm looking forward to reading the next two books in the series--definitely a good start to a trilogy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life As We Knew It.

message 1: by Aylee (new) - added it

Aylee Hey, thanks so much for the recommendation! I hadn't heard of this one before but I definitely plan on reading it now.

Tahleen Yay! It's definitely a good one. I haven't read the sequels though; hoping they're just as good!