Dani's Reviews > Elect

Elect by Rachel Van Dyken

Dec 17, 13

Before you read this review you must read Elite to understand the dynamic of this book.

Elect consumed me, I am talking I read this in 1 day, I could not and would not put it down. I had to know what would happen. This story is written in the guys POV Phoenix, Chase's and Nixon's. OMG if you thought Elite was great (5 star read for me), Elect was so much better.

We pick up soon after we were left off in Elite. Tracey has moved into Nixon's house and all of the Elect group s staying there for safety. They are still trying to uncover the answers they need to protect their lives. Nixon and Tracey are in love they are each others soul mates, but their road to happiness is far from complete. Chase is thrown more into the picture when they all have to pretend he and Tracey are a couple in order to protect all of them being in the center of a full on mafia war. All of their lives become a web of deception and turmoil. Chase soon falls in love for Tracey. He knows it is wrong to be head over heel with the girlfriend of the guy who is like a brother to him. Nixon is forced to watch all of this play out and struggles with it because he loves Tracey so much and wants to protect her life. While both guys are admirable an characters you will love, one does the selfless act in order to protect Tracey. We also get more of Phoenix and wow, EXPLOSIVE. The secrets keep flowing out. There was no possible way for me to even figure out what was going to happen, it was one mega surprise after another.

Elect is full of angst and turmoil. There is heartbreak and renewal. Rachel Van Dyken has delivered a STELLAR follow-up. I am in complete awe of Rachel. I may go crazy stalker on her. Her writing is genius. She delivers sexy, witty, stress and swoon. She has definitely earned my 6 star rating, and I have only given a few of these all year. The series is brilliant, and I am on edge to see what happens next with Entice. Elect does not end with a cliffy, but I want to know who and what Entice will be about. I don't think any of our characters stories are finished and that makes me happy, it means we get more Rachel.

6 STELLAR Stars

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elect.

12/14/2013 marked as: read