Bry's Reviews > Magic Bites

Feb 18, 11

bookshelves: 2010, mystery, urban-fantasy, favorites, 2011, audiobook, series
Read from February 10 to 17, 2011

Read: January 5, 2010

Kate Daniels is now one of my favorite characters. She is just so mouthy and strong while being totally aware of some of her faults and personality. I just adored her!

Really funny at times and I literally laughed out loud at several points, a really unique take on urban fantasy especially in regards to the vampires, loved that its wasn't just you run of the mill vamps and werewolves but a menagerie of other creatures. It was like the usual rules of the genre just didn't apply here, which could have totally failed but was instead really refreshing!

Great use of secondary characters as well. Suddenly they would be pushed to the forefront and you sit there thinking crap, I should have been paying more attention to them!

Definitely had a Patricia Briggs 'Moon Called' feel too it with regards to Kate and Curran and the politics between all the races, and I loved it. Can't wait to read the next installment!

Audiobook: February 17, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Bites.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sonya In my opinion, each book is better than the previous one - so you are in for a treat. One of my favorite series as well.

message 2: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bry Sonya wrote: "In my opinion, each book is better than the previous one - so you are in for a treat. One of my favorite series as well."

Yep, I love them all, but the 4th is my fave!! I am going back and listening to them on audiobook now, its a different way to experience the book, and I love it!

message 4: by Bry (new) - rated it 5 stars