Dan Darragh's Reviews > Cross Country

Cross Country by James Patterson

Nov 25, 09

Read in November, 2009

Let me compare this book to the Road to Hana. The Road to Hana is a "must" for people making that once in a lifetime trip to Hawaii, specifically Maui. It's a little over 35 miles but takes forever because of all the curves and hills. There's some of the most fabulous scenery along the way you'll ever see. However, once you get there, Hana itself -- ain't much.
"Cross Country" is a true page-turner as only a Patterson novel can be. I stayed up a lot later than usual several nights, as I raced through it. But then when you're done and you start thining about it, you realize how improbable the whole plot is. The resolution is really kind of vague as well. Just because you throw in the three letters CIA, does that mean you don't have to flesh things out at least a little.
On the plus side, it is a good adrenalin raising book with a high body count and several "24" type characters in the cast. Patterson apparently wrote this one himselft -- at least the usual flunkies aren't credited -- and that saved it from being a two star or less.
Wanna go to Hawaii?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross Country.