Allison Morgan's Reviews > Every Soul a Star

Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass

Dec 10, 09

bookshelves: english-420

Genre/Category: Author Presentation/Stars/astrology/eclipse

This novel followed the story of three teens--Bree, Aly, and Jack--as events unfold to determine each of their summer vacations. In the end, they come together at a campground to watch the eclipse and become good friends. Although Bree, Aly, and Jack are completely different from each other, they are able to put aside their differences and their wants in order to enjoy a night that they'll never forget.

I really enjoyed this novel and the differences between the three characters. Although they were each a little extreme in their own way, I thought young adults would be able to relate to them in one way or another, whether it be dealing with moving, fitting in, being passionate about something, or growing up. Personally, Aly was my favorite character because she seemed content with her life and had her head screwed on straight despite the changes that were about to come about. The novel taught that it's ok to be passionate about something, to be different than everyone else. These three teens learned a lesson that they'll never forget, and in doing so, they teach readers valuable lessons as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every Soul a Star.