Karla's Reviews > The Girl Who Played With Fire

The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson

Nov 01, 10

bookshelves: 2010, crime, mystery, sweden, thriller, favorites
Read from October 19 to 28, 2010

It should be illegal to write something this much intensity! A combustible intricate puzzler that kept me enthralled all the way through to the page turning end. I would carry it with me everywhere I don't know how many times I ran into a wall or door reading as I walked from room to room! I can't recall any character so frayed, moral, genius, introverted, feisty, resilient and complex as Lisbeth Salander. She strives for anonymity but yet was transformed overnight into one of Sweden's most notorious murder suspects on the run to only have to face her dark past. With only one man convinced of her innocence Mickael Blomkvist.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played With Fire.

10/19/2010 page 60
10/25/2010 page 448
71.0% "Wish I could call in sick and finish this today. It's gonna be hard to concentrate till I do!"
show 4 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I just bought this at Costco! I am reading it next after Fever 1793. Heard it was so good. They are making the American film version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo now. Sounds like it would be a great film.

Karla Oh Kim I absolutely can't put it down its better than the first one just starts out strong and stays strong. I'm only 150 pages into it and its hot me all stirring. I can't wait to see if the movies are made well.

Sarah I loved this book! Very fast-paced! I need to get my hands on the third one sometime soon.

Karla Have you seen the movie version of Girl with a dragon tattoo? I just found it and rented it cause the DVD to The girl who played with fire is released today! I can't wait to see if I've been pronouncing all the names right....LOL!

message 5: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim And this book has A LOT of names! They keep introducing people and I am wondering how I can keep them all straight. I just want to keep reading and reading.