Wicked Incognito Now's Reviews > Take Me

Nov 25, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: dnf-super-totally-awful
Read in November, 2009

I chose this book to read because it was on someone's Amazon listmania list of erotic romance with a good plot. Beth Kery's Wicked Burn and Megan Hart's Dirty were both on that list, so I assumed the list author must have similar reading tastes as I.

Very early in the reading I was put off by the writing. Scenes were choppy. Dialogue was unrealistic. But then I learned to there were male twins switching places to "fool" the heroine? OH NO! Please no.

It turns out that the heroine wasn't fooled, however....the writing doesn't improve. The scenes had no continuity whatsoever.

You have got to be kidding me?!! What a cliche! Nope. Done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take Me.

12/10/2016 marked as: dnf-super-totally-awful

Comments (showing 1-7)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 7: by Mel (new)

Mel Then....we find out that the heroine has spent her entire life hunching her shoulders to hide breasts that are too big, big blue eyes that are too bright and red lips that are too plump.

Seriously?!?!
Oh. My. God.

message 6: by Wicked Incognito Now (last edited Aug 18, 2010 06:35AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Wicked Incognito Now I know! I hate it when authors take characteristics that ALL WOMEN know are positive characteristics and try to make them into something that the main character is ashamed of. Puh-leeze.

message 5: by Mel (new)

Mel I hate that almost as much as when authors/directors pull a "She's all that" kinda thing in where they take an obviously beautiful girl, give her glasses and a few XL sweaters and dub her the ugly duckling.

*rolls eyes*

Wicked Incognito Now LOL--exactly!

Rakisha As soon as I realized there was going to be a twin swap very early in the story, I was tempted to throw the book down. However, I'm going to give the book until page 50.

Wicked Incognito Now l had the same urge. Too bad throwing my Kindle would break it. That's the thing about having a Kindle, I lose the satisfaction of throwing a book.

message 1: by Kate (new) - rated it 1 star

Kate Bruns LOL i hear ya. I was ashamed that I paid $2.99 for it. I can never face the public again.