Bry's Reviews > More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints

More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives by Guy Fieri

Nov 28, 09

bookshelves: first-reads, 2009, cookbook
Read in November, 2009

Won this book through a Good Reads giveaway. Can't wait to get it!
UPDATE: Got this book less than a week after winning it!

This is a pretty great book. It has a bunch of behind the scenes info like mini biographies on all of the crew that is involved in the shows production, even mentioning their nicknames! It also has Guy's Top 10 List and answers to his most asked questions. The funniest part of the book though was a telling of a bunch of the pranks that the crew pulls on each other, Guy on the crew, and even the crew on Guy. It was pretty entertaining.

The bulk of the book is reviews of a number of eateries throughout the country, and is organized by geography. There is a mini bio on each place, and a couple of recipes created by the places owners/chefs. There was even one of my favorite restaurants included in the book, Magnolia Cafe in Austin, TX! Plus the recipe for their gingerbread pancakes which I love! So I can't wait to try that out!

Also included in the book at the back is a HUGE list of Guys favorite places to go throughout the country. It gives you the address and website when available for each place. It is organized alphabetically, but I wish it had been done geographically instead since I will most likely flip through it to look for somewhere to eat depending on where I am.

My only wish was that the book had had some color pictures, especially for the food shots. The text was in black with red accents, but was printed on regular book paper, when I had expected glossy paper with color photos like a regular cookbook.

This would be a great gift for someone who is a fan of the show, or just someone who loves to cook because the recipes are wonderful! Or just to keep in your own cookbook collection.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.