Blaine's Reviews > Poison

Poison by Chris Wooding

May 11, 10

bookshelves: fantasy, metafiction
Read from May 04 to 11, 2010

Woah, this is amazing! This is one of the best written, most enjoyable, most captivating, and coolest books I've ever read. It's one of those books where not only is it fun to read, it feels good to read. There's something fulfilling about reading this book.
One of my favorite parts of this book was how Wooding wrote it. He used such exquisite detail, so that I could picture it perfectly. Yet, the descriptions never got boring. My favorite part about reading this book was imagining it. I loved imagining the characters, the places, everything! It was just so much fun.
This is quite an intense book. There were parts where I was completely on edge. Wooding really knows how to write suspense. But when the book wasn't suspenseful or creepy, it had this awesome air of fantasy and mystery about it.
Wooding really makes the characters and worlds come alive. It felt like I was right there, experiancing the book right along with the characters.
I have a few words of advice to anyone reading this. Get ready to have your mind blown, and get ready to think. This book is full of unexpected twists, and it will take some thinking to get the meaning of it. The coolest part of this book is the part that you have to figure out yourself.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poison.