SheLove2Read's Reviews > Meant To Be

Meant To Be by Ruth Ann Nordin

Jan 04, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Recommended for: western time travel lovers
Read in January, 2010, read count: 1

Not bad. It took me awhile to warm up to the heroine Megan. Very self centered and foolish but as I read, I tried to put myself in her place. She's been somehow sent back to the past with a stranger, accused of being a prostitute and then forced to marry him by the puritanical matriarchs of the town they land in. She doesn't know how to cook, let alone cook on a primitive wood stove. She's a pampered modern woman who misses her Starbucks and internet. I can see how she'd freak out just a little, especially when she didn't know when/if they would ever get back to the future.

Ted is a great hero. Definitely a beta male, which I don't normally like, but in this story it works. He's fascinated with the time they have landed in, even though he's not crazy about being stuck there, but he's making the most of it. When he's forced to marry Megan, he does, thinking "its only temporary and it won't count once we get back home". He treats her as best as can be expected when forced to marry a stranger, but he slowly starts to fall in love with her, despite her craziness.

I liked the ending so I won't give it away. My only complaint was that the style of writing didn't flow for me. It felt a little choppy. But then again, I'm not a writer and I can't fault anyone who puts their talent and hard work out there for the world to criticize.

B-
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meant To Be.

12/29/2009 page 115