Lauren's Reviews > Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances

Let It Snow by John Green

Nov 23, 2009

I adore John Green and Maureen Johnson so I was delighted to see that my school library had a copy of Let It Snow.
I liked the way each novel fit together. I loved Maureen Johnson's story about a quirky girl stranded in an unfamiliar town on Christmas Eve. The characters were likable and well developed despite the shortness of the book. John Green picked up the story well with the Midnight trek of 3 teens in search of Cheerleaders and hash browns. I love reading John's books but some parts felt forced. In an attempt to seem deep the main character fretted over liking his best friend. But over all his section was exciting and fun. I was excited to read Lauren Myracle's portion of the book. I had never read anything by her before and was excited to read a new author. I was very disappointed. The main character sat around and cried about her boyfriend. She was rude to her friends and the portions of the story about her search for her friend's missing teacup pig seemed out of place.

I liked the beginning of the book and I'll most likely buy a copy for myself but I wish Lauren Myracle's story was different.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let It Snow.