Beach's Reviews > Heart-Shaped Box

Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill

Jan 22, 10

I found this book at Barnes and Nobles in the 5.99 sale they were having. I don't know what really grabbed me about this book, maybe the fact that it sounded good, and it was only 5.99? Who will know. It was one great book purchase in the long run.

The story is a dark tale of Judas Coyne a middle aged rocker who doesn't hesitate to dip into the unknown, and makes purchases of all things morbid and creepy. This eventually will be his down fall when he decides to purchase a dead man's suit that is said to be haunted by the dead man's spirit.

After reading I decided to Wikipedia the book, and here's what I found out: I had no clue who this guy was before I read the book (i knew that before wiki) I had no idea that this book was #8 on The New York Times Best seller list...and had been reviewed by new york times and time magazine... and that it had sold out..
I mean this was all back in May of 2007, but it still is weird finding the book a year or two later in the sale bin, and having no idea that at one time it had been a hot new release.

This is another book I absolutely loved, and recommend to those who enjoy a good dark tale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart-Shaped Box.