Dren's Reviews > Cursed to Death

Cursed to Death by L.A. Banks

May 06, 10

bookshelves: favorite-series, african-american-pnr-uf-authors, crimson-moon-series
Read from January 25 to February 16, 2010 — I own a copy

With the Crimson Moon Series Ms. Banks definitely takes the werewolf legend down a different path. I have been a fan of this series since book one, however I found myself a little distracted with her latest installment. In Cursed to Death, Sasha and her team investigates the mysterious deaths of two phonexies as a favor to her Sir Rodney, King of the Seelie Fae. However, dark magick is uncoverened that impacts the abilities of all Fae and those near and dear to Sasha.

I'm typically hanging on each page for this series, but this book left a me wanting more action less love triangle. The love triangle between Sasha, her mate, Max Hunter and his blood brother Shogun seemed stretched to the limit. While I love Sasha with Hunter -- I was rooting for his brother in this book (he's really really hot!) and I don't like splitting my loyalties. Don't get me wrong, the storyline was unique and interesting, but it just didn't seem to fit with the previous three. I hope Ms. Banks will devote less time to the love triangle in the next book.

Overall, I'd recommend this book to all. It's a unique twist to the werewolf legend. I recommend you start with her first book though, you'll have a better understanding of the intricate web, Ms. Banks created for her characters. Anxiously awaiting book FIVE!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cursed to Death.

01/25/2010 page 1